Thursday, January 22, 2009

One of Life's Greatest Annoyances

You know that feeling when you burn the top of your mouth? Like when you bite into a piece of pizza that's too hot (mostly because I never have enough self-control to wait until it cools down...) and then you've burned the roof of your mouth and it hurts for 2 or 3 days? Well, I've done that, except not from pizza. And I don't know what did it...all I know is that for the last day and a half or so, everytime I eat, the top of my mouth hurts! I don't like to be inconvenienced when I'm eating! The only thing I can think of is that maybe it was from a piece of toast and cheese (like I bit into it when the cheese was good and melty...) because I eat it almost every morning as one of the few things that will settle my stomach on most days. Hmm... Anyways, my mouth hurts and I'm annoyed about it!

4 comments:

Jayne said...

Wierd or what?! I have one on the roof of my mouth too and have no idea where it came from, but food just doesn't taste the same not to mention my tongue keeps finding it's way rubbing the roof of my mouth because it feels wierd. A few days will heal all...

anthonyandbeth said...

that is a bummer! i don't burn the top of my mouth very often but i do burn the tip of my tongue and that is SO ANNOYING!!! hope it's back to normal soon!

Judy said...

It's been awhile since I've done that, but everything seems more annoying when your pregnant.

Heather J said...

I know the feeling!! I burnt my mouth the other day on a CHICKEN NUGGET!!! Argh, the skin is still peeling from my mouth!! ; )