Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Defeated!



Totally defeated. Not her. Me. This is what I had to do to "win" today. After two days of her "playing" in her room instead of napping, today it was going to stop. But after an hour and a half, I had to pull out the pack and play. We both had had enough. So into the pack and play she went and fell fast asleep. I feel like I lost. And I'm totally exhausted from this battle.
Not looking for any pity. I know the routine. I've been through it with the boys. I remember them doing this for WEEKS after we first moved them to their real beds. I suppose it caught me off guard because she's been fine in there for months. It's a phase, I know. But I don't have the extra time or energy to be dealing with this. Certainly not this week. So I feel very defeated today. Sigh.

6 comments:

Courtney said...

man. that stinks. i can't believe you posted that ADORABLE ponytail post when she's being so NOT adorable ;-) little stinker!

Jayne said...

It's kinda like the popsicle day, right?! Sometimes a "mama's gotta do what a mama's got to do".

jenn said...

Well, in MY eyes, you WON! Eventually, anyway :). I think she must be so excited about her new ability to rock a ponytail - how could she possibly sleep?! :) Tomorrow is a new day, and will hopefully be a little easier on you!

Unknown said...

Katy, Bradley defeated me as an infant...so you are way ahead of me. The child still refuses a nap, unless we are in the car! He could scale that pack and play as soon as he could stand up! AGHHH..i feel for you!

Tiffany said...

Katy...I am there right now...not with bed aand naps but other areas and well just know you are not the only Mom that feels defeated and frustrated this week. It wil happen and it's ok....I know you know this but sometimes it helps to be reminded.....Love ya

Heather J said...

Yes, I played this game with my 4year old today - and finally had to hold his 'shower with daddy' hostage. Whew, so glad it worked! Stay in there!