Monday, January 26, 2009

A little clarification....

....not wanting to mislead any of you, let me clarify a few things:

* My laundry wasn't TOTALLY done...like for the week or something. it was done for the night. Everything was put away. But today I'm on the 2nd load, and have 2 more loads to do. Which means I'll be folding again tonight. As always. I remember the days when I only had Josiah, or even back when it was just David and I. I'd do laundry every week. Wow. That seems like so long ago.

* A clean house. It was picked up for the night, and the kitchen was cleaned. Good enough for me. Clean sheets are happening tonight, and tomorrow the bathrooms and floors will get done again. Gotta love having a house on the market. As if I have lots of extra energy or time to be doing this!

Two little extras for you:

* I don't think I've blogged about it, but I've started watching a little boy 3 days a week. It's actually 2 afternoons and 1 full day. I started back in December and it has been a real blessing. We know the family from church (they actually were in our ORIGINAL small group years and years ago) and their little boy Jack is 3 1/2. So he and Jacob have been enjoying playing together. So back to a full car load again!

* On Saturday night, we were walking across the street to go into the high school. They were having their homecoming basketball game and we took the kids to see it (they love that stuff - especially Josiah now that he's playing basketball for Upward). As we were crossing the street, I had one of those "moments" - the freaking-out-a-little-bit-about-adding-another-baby-to-the-mix moments. David was carrying Callie, I was holding onto both boys' hands. David sort of agreed with my statement about the fact that we were going to be like a herd of cattle anytime we go anywhere with all these little people! We'll be back to the double stroller for sure. All is well, but it was a moment, for sure! :)

6 comments:

Courtney said...

yes, herd life is fun and full for sure :-) i had NO idea you were watching another one! herd life should feel "normal" to you :-) keep us updated on jacob's tooth! seriously. these boys and their teeth!!!

Jayne said...

As I read Sue's blog earlier and now as I read yours, Heidi's favorite phrase comes to mind..."a new kind of NORMAL!!" As life passes by and new phases come, we acclimate quickly, put aside the wishes of "the way things used to be", and dive head-on into the next "normal" way of life. Seeing as I'll be happy to expand my family to 2 while the rest of ya'll are 3+, I have a lot of experience watching what that kind of "normal" will look like one day! You'll roll with the punches just as your mom did and all our moms with so many young ones at the same time! You do an amazing job Katy with balance, and leaving what you can't control and do behind. God has blessed you with these and He will give all you need in these days and in those to come!! At least you're getting it all done in one foul swoop practically by the time you're 30!!! I was just getting started at 30!

Heather J said...

Ohhh you didn't tell me about the Judd 'replacement'! sigh.... Glad to hear it's working out watching another little friend... I'm glad you are able to bless another family, I just can't believe it's not a Judd boy!

anthonyandbeth said...

well, i'm glad to hear you are still normal like the rest of us. i was beginning to really think you were super woman with house on the market, all clean, laundry done, preg. and relaxing on the couch. you are pretty super though so that makes you super woman in my book!

you're worried about crossing streets? David still has another hand to be held...it'll be just fine. i think you'll have the best looking herd in town! :)

The Stein Family said...

Glad I'm not the only one who has those 'scared moments'. It's puzzling when something you have wanted so badly for so long scares you...and look, you've already conquered 3 kids (+ the occasional loaner child) and with grace, I might add!

Heidi said...

All I can say is you are so so so funny!!!!