Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Back in Business!

Our phones should finally be back in business! They went down last Thursday when we had those huge storms blow through and finally came back up (sort of) on Sunday afternoon. Since then however, it's been hit or miss. The phone guy came out today to replace the box and we're good to go again. I will admit that in the evenings, it's been nice having it not ring - no telemarketers, no surveys, nice and quiet! :)

It was definitely an interruption to naptime though. While I did get the bathrooms cleaned, I could have used another hour. I was really sleepy this morning. I get up early on Tuesdays to run with a friend. The last couple of weeks, I've had GREAT energy all day in spite of the early hours - and I think (change that, KNOW) it's because I did my biblestudy before going running. This morning, it didn't happen. Kept hitting snooze. Still had a good run, but was tired this morning. Okay God - I hear you. Something he's been telling me lately. If I'm disciplined enough to get up and run early, then I should be disciplined enough to start my day off with him. And no, I'm not trying to be legalistic and say the ONLY right time is first thing. I've never felt like that before. Just really felt convicted personally in this area recently. So I've learned my lesson today!

1 comment:

Heidi said...

So many times I'm convicted of the same thing. I'll get up first thing and go for a run....well walking for now HA!! and I'll be full swing in my walk in my own thoughts and then be like oops.. I'm sorry Lord....good morning, how are you today? At least we're concious of it right?!?!?