Monday, July 23, 2007

First Day Back


We had a great first day back today. We were able to lay low and recover and get laundry done, mail sorted, etc. We enjoyed a playground this afternoon and returned some library books (I even had a old fine to pay - that should officially negate any supermom rumors), and then headed to Cici's Pizza for dinner! Jacob eats free, and I had a coupon for Josiah to be free, so we all ate for $6!! I love it!!! Cici's is my guilty pleasure as of late - the kids eat like crazy people, and they love the idea of a pizza, pasta, and dessert bar! (I can't say that I blame them). I'm posting a picture of Beth & Anthony's guilty pleasure - Golden Corral!! They had dinner there tonight (to recover from having to cook for my family all weekend!) They love that place for the same reason - easy, kids eat great, etc. David & I have never been there and tease them about it all the time. Apparently, the headquarters are in Raleigh and when I passed the building on the way to their church on Sunday morning, I had to get a picture!!!

It was a relief to not have to think about heading to the store today and just recover from the weekend and slowly get back into our week's routine. Tomorrow we get back into the swing of things with the gym, then swimming lessons, etc. 5 more sleeps!!!


3 comments:

anthonyandbeth said...

You are hilarious! Taking a picture of GC Headquarters! :) It is a very fun place for our family! Glad you were able to eat at a fun place last night! It's funny, when you have your kids with you it's all about eating where they'll be happy! Who wants to struggle through a troublesome dinner?!?! I sure don't! :)

Heidi said...

Yeah...5 more sleeps, doesn't sound so long now. Yummy, we love ci ci's and haven't been in awhile. Makes me want to go:)

Jayne said...

I'm right there with you--I needed the day yesterday to recoop from having company since Friday! Golden Corral is a good place for the salad and ice cream bar, although the one on Battlefield scares me--in Lynchburg it's brand new!!