Monday, May 5, 2008

A Great Weekend and a Short Week!

Nothing really "huge" happened this weekend, but it was just great! The weather was beautiful, and we had some fun family time. I went to a women's ministry kickoff brunch on Saturday (I know I've said before how much I LOVE brunch food) and then met David and the kids afterwards for an afternoon at the pool!!! Since David was there with us, Callie enjoyed having the freedom of climbing in and out of the pool over and over again. The weather was perfect (I know I've already said that, but it was!) David sang at a wedding that afternoon and we had a fun family game night. David and I both were able to get in some good runs this weekend too, which felt great, as always.

We're looking forward to a short week this week. I'm taking the kids up to see my Mom this weekend to celebrate Mother's Day with her! Poor David has to stay here and work, but we're excited to get up and celebrate with her. So it's a short week for us this week - hooray! :)

3 comments:

anthonyandbeth said...

everything does sound GREAT! especially the pool part and the upcoming trip to your mom's! i bet she can hardly wait for you to come so she can spoil those kids of yours! :) enjoy your time with your mom! :)

the mccollums... said...

sounds like you guys had a great time together this weekend...I need one of those...just rest with my husband...whoa, these past weekends have been so busy!

BTW< a few of my friends and I are contemplating doing the Rock and Roll 1/2 marathon in your neck of the woods...we haven't comitted yet but I think I'm going to wait to see how I start training and then committ. I am actually scared to death to train during the heat of the summer...but we will see!! Wanna join us??

Mandy said...

the brunch was wonderful! enjoy your trip to see your mom! I know she will be thrilled to have you all there to celebrate Mother's day with her:)