Monday, April 1, 2013

Our Spring Break trip begins!!

After church on Sunday (I'm going to NOT focus on the fact that I don't have a sweet family picture on Easter Sunday...such is the life of ministry...) we packed up the car and headed to Raleigh!  We were heading up to DC to visit my Mom for spring break but decided to spend the night in Raleigh for a quick visit to Beth's house!  Sadly, we had AWFUL traffic and so an easy, short trip took FOREVER and made me feel like we got robbed of some precious hours. But I was thankful for every little bit we got.  

 Somehow, THIS is the only picture I have from Beth's house.  Seriously?  Caleb standing at the door watching Princess?  Ugh!!  Her kids had school that day, and we had to continue our trip up to Mom's house, so we left shortly after breakfast when the boys headed to school.  

We had some more traffic - apparently EVERYONE was travelling for Spring Break - but finally got up to the Manassas Battlefields.  When I first told David that I wanted to do a trip up to DC to see Mom, he thought it was a great idea but requested that we see some things we'd never seen before.  One of those things was the Manassas Battlefields.  We drive past them each trip, but have never stopped to really see them.  This was the perfect opportunity.  Josiah learned all about the Civil War and knew a LOT about these battlefields, so we stopped to check out the visitor center and the fields.
 They had this cute little ranger passport/scavenger hunt thing for the kids to find answers for and fill in their book.  They loved it!


 This guy - OH he LOVED it!  :)  I was so happy we were getting to do it!
 Can you see how windy and COLD it was??

We have driven past these fences for years and I was so excited that we finally got to STOP and really SEE them!  

The kids by the Stonewall Jackson statue.

And, we're done here.  It was windy and SO very cold.  Time to get back in the warm car and head to tutu's house!

No comments: