Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Hunting for Treasure

The Schrodt Boys looking at the MAP!
Here's the map....
For Josiah's birthday, my Mom got him some little gold coins in a velvet bag - sort of a pirate's treasure kind of thing. The boys have had so much fun hiding it and going to look for it. They asked David to hide it one day and make them a map to find it. Well, you can see the map above - it may as well have been a scale floorplan of our house! I was expecting a map that showed the couch and TV with an "X" on it - oh no! Not when you have a math teacher for the husband - he takes his map abilities very seriously!!!

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Now that is a map, if I have ever seen one! Good for David...really getting into the game. I am sure the boys had a blast. FUN STUFF!

BTW, I plan to see you at the santa claus shuffle on Saturday morning, right???

dandsratz said...

What a GREAT MAP!!! I'm telling you...when my kids need tudoring in math one day...we'll know where the great math teacher is!! :) What great treasure hunt FUN!!!

anthonyandbeth said...

leave it to David to make the activity EXTRA fun! :) he didn't draw his map half heartedly did he? :) what a GREAT daddy he is! :)

Jen said...

Now that's a map! I can't believe that he did that. How fun for the boys!

the mccollums... said...

this is hilarious!! I love it...looks like something Daniel would too...our husbands would get along great!

I love all the pictures below from your Williamsburg trip! How fun...do you know that I have NEVER been to that city?? I need to make the trek, looks like fun!

Judy said...

Not only am I impressed with the elaborate map, but I'm impressed that your boys could figure it out! Maybe they'll end up being great in math like their daddy!!

Jayne said...

That's hilarious! Grayson would have loved to have been in your house that day!

Mandy said...

Very cool! I had a flashback to home economics (the interior design part:)