Friday, November 30, 2007

My Guilty Pleasure....

I remembered to bring candles for him to blow out! Big hit!

My mom and sisters get all excited around this time of year about one thing...the pumpkin spice & gingerbread lattes at Starbucks. Since I'm not a coffee drinker, this doesn't get me. What DOES get me excited though is Coldstone's Dark Chocolate Peppermint Ice Cream!!! Serious Yummy!!! We went on Wednesday night (josiah's ACTUAL birthday) for him to get his birthday ice cream (if you sign up online for their birthday club, they'll send you a coupon for a free ice cream!!!! It's the best! www.coldstonecreamery.com ) I was all geared up to get some no sugar added raspberry sorbet (it's pretty good actually), but then i saw it....the After Dinner Mint. It's the dark chocolate peppermint ice cream with oreos, chocolate shavings, and marshmallows mixed in. Holy cow! I know your mouths are all watering now!! Throw the lattes to the wind and go get you some ice cream!!!!



Oh, and one more thing...it was Waffle Wednesday, so David got a free waffle cone with his ice cream. Callie enjoyed trying a piece of the waffle cone! :)

9 comments:

Heidi said...

Love love love coldstone. When they first opened and we lived in Greenbriar I was there all the time:-l

Last night about 8:00 I had a brownies and icecream serious craving. So off to the store I go to get both. So I make the brownies and at 9:30 I'm eating brownies and icecream. Oh Oh OH I was loving it. It was a major crime eating it all that late. I wasn't even PMSing and I'm not pregnant. I don't have a clue what the deal was, but I didn't feel guilty at all. YIKES!!! Oh, and I can't believe you don't like those lattes. What's the matter with you!!

Just thought I'd share all that with you:)

Heather J said...

oooooh my goodness .... i LOVE LOVE LOVE dark chocolate & adding peppermint to it sounds HEAVENLY (reminiscent of Starbucks Peppermint Mocha).... I might have to venture to ColdStone for a $5 ice cream tomorrow!

BTW, Starbucks is my guilty pleasure, our bank account would love it if my heart (or tummy)changed its mind!

Judy said...

Coldstone Creamery is sooooo good. It's a good thing ours is 20 min. away. I love the cheesecake icecream. My mouth is watering at the thought!

Natalie said...

I have SOOO much blog catching up to do, so one comment for all of these wonderful blogs will have to do! Birthday party...super fun. Christmas decorations...your house looks fantastic. Rough housing with dad...so good for the kids. Ice Cream...delicious:) Love the picks of Josiah on his birthday.

anthonyandbeth said...

WOW, that does sound yummy! so fun for josiah to have the candles to blow out! :) i be you guys looks like the cutest family sitting in there enjoying your birthday icecream! :)

Mandy said...

That sounds so delicious! I love anything with chocolate and peppermint (I'm totally in love with Starbucks Peppermint Mocha:) I'll have to sign Jake up now:) Sounds like Josiah had an awesome "actual birthday":)

Jen said...

Guilty pleasures indeed!!! We were there Monday night and Papa Joe got the Dark Chocolate Peppermint ice cream and I thought it tasted much better than it looks! I had tangerine sorbet since I'm staying off dairy for Anna's tummy. I'm missing my guilty pleasure terribly, which happens to be brownies with ice cream! At first I thought poor Callie was eating a saltine - so glad to see she got in on the waffle action!

anthonyandbeth said...

i was back, looking again, and i'm totally cracked up by the saltine comment from Jen. that would have been a poor baby if she had to eat saltines while every one else was indulging in guilty pleasures! :)

Jayne said...

Trevor sure loves his Starbucks, but I'll ahve to mention this After Dinner Mint ice cream treat. On second thought, maybe I won't because COldSone doesn't fit into my eating plan these days!