Thursday, November 15, 2007

All Things Considered...

...it's been a good week so far. We've been in and out of the pediatrician for strep throat (brought back HORRIBLE memories of the dreaded throat culture...gag!!!), rain, laundry, etc - but it's been sort of nice to be slowed down. I played Candyland today with both boys - Jacob's first REAL time actually playing it - not just moving the piece around. It was quite fun. I've just about got my Thanksgiving weekend menu finalized, and that's been fun to think through. My mom is coming down to celebrate with us, and we are all looking forward to that. This has been the first week on my "training" plan for the half-marathon, and so far, so good (it wasn't any different than what I ran last week really, but it made it more official to be following a "plan"). So it's been good. I had hoped to catch up on some pictures to post, but the IPOD is connected right now charging (it was dead today during my run - bummer!) Anyways, thankful for the quieter week, thankful for my family and their health, thankful for lots of other blessings in my life. God is good.

6 comments:

Natalie said...

Hope you are all feeling better and looking forward to next week's celebration of Thanksgiving. I am sure that your meal will be fantastic and that you will have fun with your family!

Courtney said...

hey - send me the training plan - if it's easy to send! i'd love to see it...

Mandy said...

More strep? I'm so sorry! Hopefully everyone is on the mend so you can enjoy your weekend!

dandsratz said...

I hope ya'll are all feeling better now! Those quiet weeks are always heavenly!! And the best part is, now its TGIF!! :)

Judy said...

God is good!!

anthonyandbeth said...

i hope Jacob is feeling better. good think you were watching him like a hawk! great reminder of all that we really have to be thankful for!