Saturday, January 19, 2008

We LOVE the Williams Family!!!

Josiah, Jackson, and Jacob outside the Children's Museum. Callie was in the stroller, and Harrison declined to be photographed! :)
They had these statues made out of canned goods throughout the museum. Mr. Potato Head was, of course, a favorite! It's amazing how there is "Toy Story" stuff all over the world!! Good thing, because we have some boys that LOVE Toy Story!
Who doesn't love a good steak!! This was Callie at the meat counter!!! (In the grocery store play center...) The boys had a great time weighing all the different foods on the scale.
Harrison and Josiah were mail carriers....they were mailing us packages. It was so cute - they had a conveyor belt that put the packages into the mail truck, stamps they could use to stamp the packages, and everything!!! So fun.
Gone fishing!
Josiah and Harrison were trying to pull up the anchor...but look who was attached! jacob!

On Thursday night, the big boys decided to have a campout!! Harrison made his campsite under the table in the game room, and this picture was Anthony getting him all tucked in.
Josiah at his campsite!
jacob camping...he didn't last though. I moved him to his bed after about 5 minutes...



On Wednesday evening, the kids and I headed off to North Carolina for a quick visit with our precious friends, the Williams family. Harrison is getting ready to go back to school next week (he's on the year round schedule), so Beth & I had planned for a visit to be able to play before it's back to school for him. We had such fun on Thursday - the kids just played all day long - and I mean PLAYED!!! The took out every toy in their house I think, and had such a blast doing it!!! One of my favorite parts of the day is always during naptime - when Beth & I just curl up on the couch and talk!! I am SO grateful for this sweet friend the Lord has brought to me!!

On Friday, we headed downtown to "Marbles" - their children's museum. It was FABULOUS!!! The downstairs was all different pretend play centers - a post office, a grocery store, an ambulance, a fishing boat, and on and on. The kids had a BALL!! Even Callie was completely enthralled just crawling around on things! Upstairs they had a newsroom, a building station, a chalkboard wall, a game room - just so many fun things to explore!! We had a great time!!! After dinner that night, we had to head back home but what a fabulous visit it was! It's just always so great to be able to spend time with them, love on her sweet kids, see how BEAUTIFUL she looks pregnant, and just BE with them!!! Anthony is very sweet to put up with us for two days too! I got to see Addison's room, vote on the paint color for it, see some of the girl clothes that are waiting for her, and help make room for her girlie stuff!!!

Thanks for having us, Beth & Anthony! It was such a GREAT break for me and you know how I love you guys! Time to start planning the next visit! :)

11 comments:

the mccollums... said...

do you have to have kids to go there, because I would go... :) What city was this in NC?

I'm so happy that you had a chance with your close girlfriend...I love my time with mine and need that girl time often. Actually blogging makes me feel like I get a little of that with you all in blog-world...but I do love the hangout time with some of my friends here! Girlfriends are a blessing.

Courtney said...

oh, what a sweet time! so glad you got to do that!

anthonyandbeth said...

we LOVE the Schrodt family too! thank you so much for driving down to see us! we love our time with you and the kids enjoy every minute of it! i also love our "couch" times and just the way we can talk and talk for hours! your friendship blesses me everyday and i am so thankful to the Lord for you and your family and what you mean to all of us! love you and can't wait until the next time!!! :)

Heather J said...

how much fun! I know the boys must have had an absolute blast together & looks like Callie will have a little girlfriend soon too!!

Jen said...

Wow - Count me in for Marbles next time we're there Beth. Looks like it was such a fun time. I love the campout in the playroom. I know it was nice to get to spend time together and have girlie talks face to face.

Mandy said...

That museum looks incredible! I'm glad you all enjoyed your N.C. visit:)

Heidi said...

That children's museum looks AWESOME!!! I was flipping out thinking hot dog!!.... I'm going to find out where that place is until I was quickly bummed out that it was in another state!! So nice for you to be able to reconnect with such a dear friend It's priceless for sure!!

dandsratz said...

What an incredibly fun time ya'll had for sure!! That museum looks like SOO much fun! I loved how you described "Couch time!" What a blessing to have those kinds of friends--what ya'll share together is SOOO neat!!

dandsratz said...

What an incredibly fun time ya'll had for sure!! That museum looks like SOO much fun! I loved how you described "Couch time!" What a blessing to have those kinds of friends--what ya'll share together is SOOO neat!!

the mccollums... said...

BTW, is Josiah winking at you in the top picture?? What a funny boy..so cute!!

Jayne said...

How great that it's close enough to steal away just for one night and 2 days of fun! I know it's an exciting time for Beth and Anthony and it's nice that you got to be around her pregnant. It makes it easier somehow to believe seeing the baby after they're born when you've got to see the mommy pregnant! Wierd, I know!