Friday, January 25, 2008

MORE tricks from Callie....

It seems as though my sweet little girl is trying her hardest not to remain LITTLE very much longer! Here's what up lately with my little, 16 pound, 9 1/2 month old baby:

1. She's starting to get serious about trying to walk, perhaps. She'll stand for a good bit on her own, until she realizes no one is holding on. But she doesn't collapse like the boys did - she gracefully lowers herself to the floor. No "real" steps yet, but I've already told the nursery workers at church and at the Y to knock her over if she looks like she's going to start!! I'll be darned if I miss it!

2. She learned to wink at us!!!! Really, she's blinking both eyes, but it is hilarious!!! She just stares at our faces to try and copy us all the time - on the drive to Florida, she learned all kinds of new mouth noises from my mom, so I added this one for her!!! She was just staring at me yesterday while she was nursing, and so I blinked my eyes at her and she did it back. It's her favorite new trick - it's very endearing. The boys get a KICK out of this!

3. She loves to wave hello and goodbye to everyone - although it's generally only with her right hand!!!!

4. Today at lunch, she finally figured out how to sign "more"!! She's been signing "all done" for two months now, but today she finally got "more"!! And since peas and pears were on the menu - two of her favorites, she signed it alot!!!! The sad part was that after we read books and I was getting ready to lay her down in her crib for her afternoon nap, she looked up at me and signed "more". Talk about tugging at the heartstrings - more books, more love from mommy, not sure, but it was hard to leave her in the crib to go to bed!!!

I think that's about it for now. I can't hardly stand how fast my children are growing. Makes me so grateful that I get to hug and kiss on them all day long every day - even though more and more of those kisses are getting wiped off by my big, honkin' boys. (Speaking of which, my biggest boy has been renamed Starvin' Marvin today. For lunch, he was in a breakfast mood and ate a bowl of cheerios, a turkey roll-up, and 2 bowls of oatmeal. Good grief!!!)

9 comments:

Jen said...

Oh my....where does the time go? I can't believe she is almost walking. That's so cute about signing more after reading books with her. This stage is so fun. Josiah must be hitting a growth spurt. That's some big eating!

Unknown said...

Way too fast, it goes. I totally agree. Callie, you are indeed ahead of your time. Now save those steps for your mommy. She deserves that!

jenn said...

i need to see those kids immediately!! when are you coming up here next?? miss you! have a FAB weekend! :) xoxo

Natalie said...

Wow...she is so big to be so little!!! I can't believe how fast she is growing:)

Heather J said...

Wow, amazing. Will little Callie SLOW down!!! This little angel baby is MOTIVATED!!!

anthonyandbeth said...

Josiah is quite the big eater lately! I couldn't believe how quickly he cleaned his plate of spag. at our house, I don't even think you and I had even sat down. Callie is just a mover and a shaker, isn't she! I can't believe how big she is now and how quick at everything she has become. I do hope you get to see those first steps! It won't be long!

Mandy said...

She IS growing up so fast! What a little sweetie! I love the "more" story. Sadie loves that sign:) Just wait until it becomes a spoken "Just one more?" or "Just one?" Sadie has quickly picked that one up from her big brother:) Josiah definitely must be growing, you can always tell by those "bottomless tank" mealtimes:)

Jayne said...

Unbelievable! Where has a year gone already. I'm starting to think about Grayson's April birthday already and of course that ushers in Callie's first birthday. You're hilarious with the knock-her-over comment, but I can totally see you saying that!

Heidi said...

Way to go Callie you sweet big girl!! Hopefully you won't be a bruiser like Alayna:) As for Josiah...we've been there done that with Bradley. It's what I call the "bottomless pit." Where enough food just isn't enough.