Thursday, January 2, 2014

A girls day!!

Once I bought the American Girl doll for Callie months ago, I started getting ALL of their emails!  When I heard about the unveiling of the new "girl of the year" doll at their Atlanta store, I thought it would be the perfect thing for us girls to take a day trip to see!  I didn't tell her where we were going - I LOVE surprises - we just got up that morning and went!  We had fun conversation in the car...pretty much nonstop :).

When we pulled up to the mall, I thought "I don't even know where the store is!".  No fear - they have a big old sign out front just like Sears, Macy's, etc - The American Girl Store! Callie was so excited when she figured out that's where we were going!
I told my Mom that I was going to be in a world of trouble if the doll of the year was named "Callie"!  Luckily, her name is Isabelle :)  She is a dancer, so they had a special program of different ballet groups which was so fun!
 Callie, of course, informed me that she wants to take ballet now.
Callie, Marie Grace,and Isabelle!
They gave us a paper doll craft to take home with us too!

I had made reservations for us in the cafe to have lunch there, which is SO fun! They have little high chairs for your dolls, and the napkin rings are hair bows that you can take home  It is quite the experience!
 Marie Grace LOVED her lunch too!

We had such a great time, just walking around and looking at all the dolls and doll things!  Callie LOVED having her doll to walk around with this time!  (We've been to an AG store once before in Washington DC, but that was when she was still dreaming of having her own doll!)  She got a duplicate book for Christmas that she exchanged for a hairbrush (because you are only supposed to brush their hair with an AG hairbrush!) and I got her one shirt.  Super fun day with this precious little girl!


No comments: