Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Happy 1st Birthday, Callie Elizabeth!




I thought it would be a great idea to post the picture of me on my way to the hospital to deliver. Holy cow - I had forgotten how VERY big and pregnant I was...so Sue, Courtney, and Beth, my dear pregnant friends - you guys all look great!! I looked like a beached whale!!!!
Would you believe that as we were driving up to Coldstone Josiah said "Mom, did you bring a candle and matches?" I swear I didn't tell him!! He remembered from when we did it for his birthday! I LOVE that he loves these traditions like me!!! (Is everyone signed up for the coldstone birthday club by the way? FREE ice cream on your birthday!!!)





I can't believe that my baby girl is one today!!! I'll keep this short, because I have a kitchen full of dishes, things still to put away, and I don't want to get emotional!!! But what a joy, my Callie Elizabeth is. She is SUCH a blessing - all of my children are - and I am SO very grateful for the priviledge of being their mom. The boys and I had so much fun singing Happy Birthday to Callie all day today (the strategy is to avoid any traumatic "Happy Birthday" song moments like Josiah had), and she would just clap and clap every time we'd sing. Of course she's pretty oblivious, and the boys even opened her presents for the most part, but she just loves them and smiles at us. She VERY much enjoyed her first real Coldstone experience, and finished most of her vanilla ice cream (Josiah wanted to know why she didn't get to choose any mix-ins this time). We let her open a few presents that my family had sent and she got some very cute clothes - and some adorable bathing suits!!! Pool season is coming!!! Anyways, I love this little girl. What a year it has been with her. I love you Callie girl. My heart is full.

13 comments:

The Stein Family said...

Hard to believe it's been a year. Happy Birthday Callie!!!! Callie is a lucky girl to have such loving parents and such excellent big brothers. Grow big Callie!

Mandy said...

I didn't realize that yesterday was her actual birthday! We certainly would have joined in the birthday song with you. Sadie loves singing Happy Birthday to just about anyone...especially herself:) Wow! Seeing those pictures from 1 year ago seems so surreal. It really feels like it was only yesterday when we got her birth announcement! How she has grown! She is a beautiful little girl, full of joy and we just love seeing "Baby Callie" and the smile she always has for us:) You are truly blessed!

PS. You did NOT look like a "beached whale" but it is a great reference point for how far you've come in only a year!

Courtney said...

wow! i can't believe it's been a year! she is SO adorable! happy birthday, Callie!

Judy said...

Happy Birthday Callie! May Jesus bless you with heart that longs after Him, a heart full of joy and peace. May He protect you and bless you all the days of your life!

Heather J said...

Can't believe a year has come & gone. What a blessing your little girl is! We're enjoying seeing her 'grow up'!

jenn said...

WHOA - how has a year flown by so FAST?! happy birthday, callie!! we love you and can't wait to see you again :)! XOXO

the mccollums... said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, CALLIE!!! She is so precious and beautiful! I can tell that she loves being a part of your wonderful family, Katy! What a cutie!

anthonyandbeth said...

Happy Birthday Callie! I REALLY cannot believe that it's been a year! She is such a cutie and we are so glad to know her! What a precious blessing she is to your family! :) Wish we could be there to celebrate at the party! :( love you sweet Callie!!!

dandsratz said...

Happy Happy Birthday Sweet little Callie!! We love you SOO much!!!

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday sweet little one! We cannot wait to celebrate with you. And, Katy, we all have the dreaded on the way to the hospital pictures...we just have to keep them in perspective, right? Every prego mom is beautiful even if she feels not so much :)Besides, look at you now!!!

Jen said...

A little late, but Happy Birthday sweet littlest Schrodt. May all your days be filled with singing!

Natalie said...

Happy Birthday sweet girl! I cannot wait to continue to watch you grow:) You are such a joy!

Heidi said...

I love the first picture here of you staring at you new baby girl. So sweet!!